Last Updated: April 3, 2020
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, Users, service providers and others who wish to access or use the Service (each a “User” or “you”, and collectively, “Users”). User is defined as any person over 18 years of age and any legal entity who visits the Site or uses the Service, whether or not such person has registered on the Service in order to receive information about the Service.
This Agreement, which incorporates by reference other provisions applicable to User’s use of the Service, sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to User’s use of Startmycar. By using Startmycar, each User agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions hereof. The right to use Startmycar is specific to each User and is not transferable to any person or entity.
Certain features, functionalities, tools, and solutions of the Service may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which may be posted on the Service from time to time. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
THESE TERMS SET FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT), AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND/OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT). YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE OR ACCEPT THE TERMS IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMIT THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- ABOUT REWISE
- Startmycar.com is a questions & answers site for car problems. Users ask questions and receive answers, and the site organizes all data submitted, while providing useful additional information. REWISE also owns www.opinautos.com and www.opinautos.com.br, which are associated sites that are owned and operated by REWISE, and shall be deemed a part of the Service for the purposes of this Agreement.
- By accessing or using the Service, each User acknowledges and understands that REWISE does not:
- recommend or endorse any specific advice, product, or service; nor does REWISE endorse or approve any other information that may be mentioned, written, linked, or featured on or through the Service by REWISE and/or any User, service provider, or third party. Each User’s reliance on any such information or any other information that may be provided by or through the Service; a REWISE employee; service provider; or any third-party site, application, service provider, or other party that may be linked to or accessed through the Service; and /or any other party featured or appearing on the Service is solely at the User’s own risk. Any and all information accessed through the Service is provided “AS IS” and without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness.
- have control over the quality, suitability, reliability, timing, durability, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of any information provided by or to Users, nor of the integrity, responsibility or any of the actions or omissions whatsoever of any User. REWISE makes no representations or warranties whatsoever with respect to information offered or provided by Users or requested through use of the Service, whether in public, private, or offline interactions, or about the accreditation, registration or licensing of any User;
- verify or confirm that any User is who they claim to be or is accurately representing themselves and does not verify or confirm any representations with respect to Users on the Service; nor
- assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of this information or any information provided on or through the Service. In no event shall REWISE be liable for damages to any User of the Service in relation to any information provided on or through the Service.
NEITHER REWISE NOR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, OR LICENSORS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE REWISE AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, OR LICENSORS FROM ANY LIABILITY RELATED THERETO. REWISE AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- REWISE does not guarantee results. Users may submit information and utilize information submitted by other Users; however, such providing the information does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of the use of that data. REWISE will bear no responsibility or liability of any kind for any content that is generated or posted by any User (“User-Generated Content”) or any advice or information you encounter on or through the Service, and any use or reliance on User-Generated Content is solely at your own risk.
- User Responsibilities.
- Users are solely responsible for all information they provide on the Service. It is the duty of Users to use proper language and refrain from using slang, offensive or slanderous words, terms, or imagery. Users are not permitted to post illicit material or discourse of hatred or prejudice toward any individual or group whatsoever, or to endorse, promote, facilitate or aid in the commission or attempted commission of any crime.
- Users are solely responsible for any payment method used in the Service, for honoring commitments for payment, and for refraining from engaging in any type of fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act whatsoever.
- Account Creation. All Users must register for an account (“Account”) and provide the information required in the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information. You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Service. REWISE may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with this Agreement.
- Account Responsibilities.You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify REWISE of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. REWISE cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- No Reliance on User-Generated Content.For the avoidance of doubt, User-Generated Content posted on or through the Service, such as advice, tips, suggestions, blog posts, articles, or videos, is provided for informational purposes only, with no assurance that such User-Generated Content is true, correct, recommended, or accurate.
- No Liability for User Interactions.REWISE may monitor communications and interactions on Service. Any liability, loss, or damage that results from any interactions among Users including, without limitation, any postings that you input or receive through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. At our discretion, we may monitor and/or record your general interactions with the Service.
- ACCESS TO THE SERVICE
- License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, REWISE grants you a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to the extent necessary and required to access, explore, and otherwise use this Service.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Service, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Service; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Service; (c) you shall not access the Service in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Service may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Service shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Service (or on any content displayed on the Service) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Modification.REWISE reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that REWISE will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Service or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance.You acknowledge and agree that REWISE will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Service, unless REWISE explicitly agrees to provide such support and maintenance services in a separate definitive written agreement between you and REWISE, which has been signed by you and REWISE.
- Ownership. Excluding any User Content that you may provide (defined below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, on the Service and its content are owned by REWISE or REWISE’s suppliers as the case may be. Neither these Terms, nor your access to the Service, shall be deemed to transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in Section 4.1. REWISE and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- Fees & Payment.REWISE reserves the right to charge fees and to require payment of such fees for any or all Services used by you. You agree to pay all applicable fees in connection with Services selected by you. REWISE reserves the right to change its prices and to institute new fees and other charges at any time and may, at its discretion, provide notice via email or posted on the Service. Your use of the Service following such notification constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges and or fees. Any fees paid hereunder are nonrefundable.
- USER CONTENT
- User Content. “User Content” means any and all information and content that a User submits to, or uses with, the Service (e.g., content in the User’s profile or postings). You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by REWISE. You alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. REWISE is not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- License.You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to REWISE an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Service. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
- Acceptable Use Policy. The following terms constitute our “Acceptable Use Policy”:
- You agree not to use the Service to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Service any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Service unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; (iii) use the Service to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other Users, including email addresses, without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Service, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Service), whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Service; or (vii) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Service, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Service (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Service for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
- Enforcement. REWISE reserves the right (but has no obligation) to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account in accordance with Section 9, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- Feedback. If you provide REWISE with any feedback or suggestions regarding the Service (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to REWISE all rights in such Feedback and agree that REWISE shall have the right to use and fully exploit such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. REWISE will treat any Feedback you provide to REWISE as non-confidential and nonproprietary. You agree that you will not submit to REWISE any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
You agree to indemnify and hold REWISE (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third-party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Service, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content. REWISE reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of REWISE. REWISE will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS & ADVERTISEMENTS; OTHER USERS
- Other Users. Each user of the Service is solely responsible for any and all of its own User Content. Because we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content, whether provided by you or by others. We make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content. Your interactions with other users of the Service are solely between you and such users. You agree that REWISE will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any user of the Service, REWISE is under no obligation to become involved.
- Release. You hereby release and forever discharge REWISE (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Service (including any interactions with, or act or omission of, other users of the Service or any Third-Party Links & Advertisements).
- DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE FULLY AND SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS AND YOU AGREE THAT IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL ACTIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS AND IN THE PROVISION OR RECEIPT OF SERVICES. REWISE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE. REWISE IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO, AND DOES NOT ROUTINELY, SCREEN ITS USERS, INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY USER. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER USERS. PLEASE CAREFULLY SELECT THE TYPE OF INFORMATION THAT YOU POST ON THE SERVICE OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR RELEASE TO OTHERS. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR USERS. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR OTHERS TO OBTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR SERVICES, AND THAT THE RECIPIENT MAY USE SUCH INFORMATION TO HARASS OR INJURE YOU. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE ON THE SERVICE OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IN USING THE SERVICE, SENSITIVE INFORMATION WILL TRAVEL THROUGH THIRD-PARTY INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS NOT UNDER REWISE INC.'S CONTROL (SUCH AS THIRD-PARTY SERVERS). REWISE MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SECURITY OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY INFRASTRUCTURE.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. REWISE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
REWISE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (II) THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (III) THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (IV) THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY SERVER THROUGH WHICH YOU ACCESS THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
REWISE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMING, DURABILITY, LEGALITY, OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY USERS OR REQUESTED BY USERS THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE WHETHER IN PUBLIC, PRIVATE, OR OFFLINE INTERACTIONS OR ABOUT THE ACCREDITATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSE OF ANY USER.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM REWISE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL REWISE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (II) SERVICES FACILITATED BY THE SERVICE OR ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN USERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT THAT IS SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY) OR ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER; (III) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (IV) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR DATA OR TRANSMISSIONS; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- TERM & TERMINATION. Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Service (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Service in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Service will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. REWISE will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms. The following sections of this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement: 1.5, 2.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, 5, 6.3, 6.4, 7, and 9.
- COPYRIGHT POLICY
REWISE respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Service do the same. In connection with our Service, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our online Service who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Service, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification must be provided to our designated Company:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- Changes.These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an email to the last email address you provided to us (if any), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Service. You are responsible for providing us with your most current email address. In the event that the last email address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of thirty calendar days following our dispatch of an email notice to you (if applicable) or thirty calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Service. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Service. Continued use of our Service following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with REWISE and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement.All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the terms or the use of any product or service provided by REWISE that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to, all arbitration proceedings shall be held inEnglish. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and REWISE, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief.A Notice to REWISE should be sent to 2093 Philadelphia Pike #5882, Claymont, DE 19703, USA. After the Notice is received, you and REWISE may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and REWISE do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Arbitration Rules”) governing the arbitration are available online at www.adr.orgor by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles of your residence, unless you reside outside of the United States, and unless the parties agree otherwise. If you reside outside of the U.S., the arbitrator shall give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearings. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. If the arbitrator grants you an award that is greater than the last settlement offer that REWISE made to you prior to the initiation of arbitration, REWISE will pay you the greater of the award or $2,500.00. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
- Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Time Limits.If you or REWISE pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
- Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and REWISE, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any nonmonetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and REWISE
- Waiver of Jury Trial.THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and REWISE in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND REWISE WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive.Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with REWISE.
- Small Claims Court.Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or REWISE may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- Courts.In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Travis County, Texas, for such purpose.
- Export. The Service may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from REWISE, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Disclosures. REWISE is located at the address in Section 9.2.
- Electronic Communications.The communications between you and REWISE use electronic means, whether you use the Service or send us emails, or whether REWISE posts notices on the Service or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from REWISE in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that REWISE provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in a hard copy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Third Party Rights.The provisions contained herein pertaining to disclaimers, exclusion of warranty, limitation of liability, and indemnification are for the benefit of REWISE and its officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, third party providers, and service providers. Each of these parties shall have privity of contract with respect to such terms to the extent necessary to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- Entire Terms.These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Service. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without REWISE’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. REWISE may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Headings. The headings used in this Agreement are included for convenience only and shall not limit or otherwise affect the terms and conditions herein, nor shall they limit, influence, or otherwise affect the interpretation of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Severability. The terms and conditions contained herein shall be deemed severable. In the event any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2020 REWISE All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Service are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Contact Information:
2093 Philadelphia Pike #5882. Claymont, DE 19703, USA
Email: [email protected]